Monday, July 7, 2014

Carioca Brixton Lunch

Without a doubt the best thing about moving to Brixton has to be the food. I'm amazed by the variety of restaurants and cafe's available and it's so nice to eat in little independent places instead of relying on the same old high street chains. While having a hungry wander round Brixton Village Market with my best mate Cris we came across Caraioca Brixton. Enticing us in with a chalk board stating that hot sandwiches were £4, we ventured in, in search of a bargain.

Cris opted for the sandwich of the day. Pulled lamb with feta cheese and balsamic vinegar on sour dough bread and I had the Arepa on the main menu. Both came in healthy portions and were made of the loveliest freshest ingredients. My arepa had delicious slow cooked beef with peppers and onions in the most gorgeous sauce on a maize bread roll. Cris wolfed down his lamb sandwich, but I managed to get a little taste in beforehand and it was equally delicious. Considering our mains only came to £10 for both I was incredibly impressed.

We managed to get in a few foodie snaps before devouring our meals so you can have a jealous look at the food we enjoyed. After tweeting Carioca, I managed to entice them into tweeting their arepa recipe, which is pictured below and I think I will definitely be trying this at home!





I'd never had Brazilian food before, but after literally wiping my plate clean with my last bits of bread, I will definitely be making a return visit. It's so nice to find a cheap little gem so close to my flat.






No comments:

Post a Comment